Pages

Monday 26 December 2011

Masala Kuzhi Paniyaram Recipe

I thought I had posted this recipe yesterday but looks like I was dreaming while working - again! Anyway, here it is, my quick fix masala paniyaram recipe that gets made each time I have leftover dosa maavu. Originally part of the Chettinad Cuisine, its quick to prepare, easy and a very nice snack for evening tiffin. I love Chettinad recipes! Their love for food shows in their recipes, I feel.



You will need a paniyaram chatti/aebleskiver pan to make this, unfortunately, so if you don't have one yet, please do something to fix the situation ASAP.


Masala Kuzhi Paniyaram Recipe
Preparation time: 15 mins

What I Used:

Dosa/idli batter - 3 cups
Onion - 1, minced
Green chillies - 2, sliced round
Halved urad dal/split black gram/ulutham paruppu/uzhunnu parippu - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 pinch (I add it for the colour)
Hing/asafoetida/kaayam - a generous pinch
Greated coconut - 1 tbsp (optional)
Curry leaves - a few, torn into small pieces (optional)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp

How I Made It:

1. Mix all ingredients except oil into the dosa batter.

2. Heat the paniyaram chatti and add 3-4 drops oil into each hole. Once it heats, add spoonfuls of batter into each hole until its more than 3/4th full. Let it cook until the bottom is browned and crisp.

3. Turn over and cook the other side. Make sure that the stove is at medium-low so that the inside also gets cooked without burning the outside.

4. Once both sides are brown and crisp, drain on a kitchen napkin.


Serve hot with chutney and hot tea/coffee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...